Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Finish

Here's a cutie of a Friday Finish to share, Birds and Bees Baby is quilted, bound, and on it's way to the baby shower! Drum roll please... the sex of the baby is now known, and pink will be quite appropriate.


I had to measure it several times, just to make sure, because even though it looks longer than tall, it's square! It finished up at 34"x34", which was unintentional, but a pleasant surprise. I made a valiant halfhearted attempt at calculating the number of tumblers I could cut, gave up, cut as many tumblers as possible, and arranged the layout to maximize the cutting. I think there were 2 tumblers left over!

I thought this would be a nice size for outings in the car seat or stroller, without being too large. Babies seem to require packing approximately 75 pounds of stuff into a diaper bag and that's just to get out of the driveway. Hopefully this won't take up a ton of room and will be easy to carry around.

I wish I could tell you what batting I used, because it was awesome. I found a perfectly sized remnant out of my batting scraps tote.  I didn't get a picture of the quilt post wash/dry, but it scarcely shrunk, and while it crinkled some, it fluffed up even more. The result was wonderfully soft and puffy. It's quilted by SITD and a squiggly line stitch in the boarder.

The backing, fluttering in the wind
The backing is Robert Kaufman's "All My Heart, and it really matches up well with the colors from the top. Whichever side baby sees, there are lots of pretty colors and shapes to see. 

I hope you're as ready for the weekend as I am! Happy Friday!

Best,
Heather

NatOvarianCancerAwarenessMonth-718x3646-620x300 If you'd like to read more about this, please visit this post on my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ClotheslineCottons! I adore reading your comments, they absolutely brighten my day!