Monday, November 16, 2015

D'oh! Part Two




So... as I mentioned on my last post, I had messed up on the cutting, leading to this conversation with my mom: 
Mom (amused): "What were you thinking?" 
Me (perplexed): "I have no idea."

I really had no idea why I wasn't paying closer attention in the first place.With more diamonds to cut out, I even said to myself - "Stop and think about it first. You don't have any more of this fabric". Thusly assured I had it all planned correctly,  I began cutting. Except... these diamonds were supposed to be cut the opposite direction of the first batch - and didn't reverse my cutting! I cut two strip sets into "left" diamonds when they should have been "right". 
D'oh!!! D'oh!!!

Luckily I realized what I was doing, leaving me with 5 "right" strip sets cut correctly. Instead of the original layout in the tutorial, mine will end up looking like a friendship braid.

Almost a completed flimsy!

All things considered, that's not a bad thing, especially since the fabrics are a Fall / Thanksgiving theme. This time of year especially makes me remember my family and friends. Although it was completely unintentional, I can't think of a better way for this to be turning out!

Linking up to Quiltstory for Fabric Tuesday!

Best,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Cannot wait to see it finished. Very seasonally apt colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ClotheslineCottons! I adore reading your comments, they absolutely brighten my day!