Tuesday, November 10, 2015


I'm underway for my November goal project, and all I can say is d'oh!
Can you see the problem?
Well, for whatever silly reason, I had a spot of trouble cutting my diamonds.

What a silly thing to do.
My first cuts are the top pile. I cut the diamonds at 5.5" wide. All the rest in the larger pile to the right, well, I cut them at 4.5". D'oh! Not to mention - the one lone piece at the bottom, I cut that one at 4.25". Sheesh.

All 4.5"
 At least it's not the end of the world kind of mistake, I can easily trim the over sized ones down. The too skinny one may even work, provided I sew it to a column end where it will be squared up anyway. What a goofy thing to do.
Nice cut edges
Luckily I realized my mistake before I started piecing everything. Onto my favorite and least favorite part - arranging the diamonds on the design wall. I only fuss with things like this for hours. Wish me luck!


Linking up to these great blogs:

Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday
Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday


  1. I love the colors! The combinations are cool. I'm interested how the pattern develops once you get it on the design board. I'll bet it's going to be awesome.

  2. I hate it when I cut stuff wrong like that! Glad to hear you can salvage it. The fabric is darling.

  3. Like those fabrics, and good recovery! I say just go with it - it may turn out different than planned but beautifully!


Thanks for stopping by ClotheslineCottons! I adore reading your comments, they absolutely brighten my day!