Friday, July 10, 2015

Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars


I have been wanting to make a wonky star quilt for a while now. Having only a week between the completion of a twin sized quilt, and my machine going in for service, I didn't want to start a huge project that would end up in UFO status. Inspired by the Fourth of July, I decided to make a little wonky star table runner.
There are a couple of really great tutorials out there for making wonky stars, here and this one I used. The latter tutorial shows you how to get the great interlocking look to your stars, and that's what I was going for.

I used 4" squares, and densely quilted in the white areas only. I wanted the stars big and puffy, so I didn't quilt them at all. Being that it's just a little table runner, or maybe a wall hanging, I'm not worried about it falling apart on me. Sometimes, a little finish is just the right size!

And, I know you're just on the edge of your seat with anticipation, because late night quilting poetry really tickles your fancy, the quilting glove was stuck beneath the free arm of the sewing machine. Hey, at least I found it!
 
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14261473/?claim=hy9cvadefyx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

2 comments:

  1. This is a really cool table runner! I've been wanting to make something wonky starred too. A fun 4th of july just might be the trick. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your work here. I always stop to look at wonky star quilts, just haven't gotten around to attempting one yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ClotheslineCottons! I adore reading your comments, they absolutely brighten my day!